Sunday 3 October 2010

‘The Whole Of The Moon’ – The Waterboys (1985)


“I wondered, I guessed and I tried;
You just knew.”

Best sound effect in a song ever. Fact. “You came like a comet …” Pause and cue comet shooting across the sky. “Blazing your trail.” Do comets actually make a sound? Who cares. They do here and it’s quite perfect.

If you ever want to tempt me along to karaoke, this is the song that will get me there. A real belter of a vocal that’s simply a world of fun to perform. And the lyrics remind me of a girl from school. You’d speak about wings, while she just flew.

Spotify linky:

2 comments:

  1. I love this song. How about the Benny Hill-style wolf whistle in 'Joker' by the Steve Miller Band... they were on Jools Holland last night. So out of place, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there should be more whistling in songs too - especially wolf whistles.

    ReplyDelete