Wednesday 12 September 2012

'Where's Me Jumper?' - Sultans Of Ping F.C. (1991)



"It’s alright to say things can only get better;
You haven’t lost your brand new sweater."

"We’re on the cover of Melody Maker, Michael."

"Really, Chris? Because I’ve got it right here and I can’t see us. There’s four mud-caked lads staring at me."


"Ignore them. Look between the middle two guys at the crowd in the background. And to the right. That’s your giant parka and the back of your head."

"Hmmm. Perhaps."

"And that’s me next to you, Michael."

"Hmmm. I won’t be getting it framed."

The year we all spent three days up to our knees in mud
and folk went home with trench foot.

Fourth on the bill in the Session Tent...

2 comments:

  1. Again, my copy of MM is back at my parents' house, so thanks to archivedmusicpress.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Whatever happened to shoegazing? A Maker investigation' - one of my fave headlines.

    Of course, 20 years later we know it's on the way back.

    ReplyDelete