Friday 21 May 2010

'Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft' - The Wedding Present (1987)


“Was it really full?
They must have queued there since half past three.
No, I didn’t go;
Was it a good film?
Well, that’s just me.”

Oh, look. There’s that girl I really like talking to that guy I really hate. And they’re calling me over. And she’s wearing that top I told her I liked last week. And now his hands are in hers. And they’re telling me about the party they’re going to this weekend. And they’re asking if I’ve been invited. Please excuse me. I need to go slam my head against the toilet wall in the Science Block.

The Wedding Present’s ‘George Best’ was my comfort blanket in my late teens for these situations. Oh, who am I kidding, they’re my comfort blanket to this day. I had The Smiths to tell me I would meet someone some day. And The Weddoes to tell me, yes, that’s true, but they’d already be seeing someone else.

I’m quite sure I’ll pick further songs from this album in other entries, but tonight we’ll go with the opener. If you ever hear me listening to this, then I’m having a bad day.

Spotify linky:
The Wedding Present – Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft - Live In Valencia

(Spotify has let me down again and I can only find a live version for you. Are you reading this Spotify?!!?)

2 comments:

  1. You are so much more lovable than you realise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please feel free to post more comments like this :-)

    ReplyDelete